The Postal History Foundation has only four paid employees. The bulk of the work here is done by our team of volunteers!
We have need of volunteers in a variety of capacities:
- Stamp donation processing: sorting, soaking, distributing
- Publicity and outreach: e.g. writing press releases and filling in online event calendars; helping at community event booths; coordinating the publication of our newsletter, Stamp Tracks; planning events
- Tour guiding: both planned guests and walk-in visitors
- Youth education: e.g. preparing lesson plan packets; fulfilling education orders; assisting education director Lisa Dembowski with field trips
- Library projects: e.g. shifting holdings; large-scale research requests; archival processing (training needed)
- Administrative and secretarial: e.g. copying, filing, organizing
- Sales and fulfillment: e.g. managing online sales; clerking in our physical sales department; packaging and posting orders
- Maintenance and custodial: e.g. handyperson work; lawn care, cleaning (very important to keeping collections preserved)
We hope you will consider joining our team. Please call us at 520-623-6652 x103 or fill out the form (click here) and we’ll phone you to discuss the possibilities.